Saturday, December 27, 2008

Detroit..........I Feel Your Pain


0-16 is no way to sell seats

The above was an article in todays Detroit Free Press......Kind of sad what's happening in the "Motor City" these days.

General Motors and Ford are in a financial tailspin..........The NFL football team (the Detroit Lions) are 0-15..........with the strong possibility of being the only team in the history of the league to go 0-16.

But........Detroit........I know pain. I have been where you are today. How bad.......is bad?

How does a team lose every game ....of a season? Been there..........Done that.....

I was a second baseman on a church softball team..........that lost every game we played for two seasons. And what did we do after each game? No crying........no pouting.......just a few cold beers in the parking lot. After all, the sun continued to rise each day.......and none of us died.

I have been beaten while playing guard on a basketball team, 95-18..........by a far superior team. Our response? At least we kept them under 100 points.

My point is a simple one..........Life is..........what it is.....full of disappointments.......full of accomplishments.......and full of all things in between.

It is what we do ........in spite of the wins and losses that count......

Detroit.......I feel your pain.....Your Lions are owned by a Ford. William Clay Ford, Sr..........

I drive a ford...........and I could not get it started today.

Yes........Detroit.....I feel your pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............