Friday, February 19, 2010

The Tiger Speech

I didn't......see it live.......but I heard live....on the radio....This thing was huge....every major network carried this.....and all the national news programs led with this story.


Wow!!!


Here's a breakdown......from our friends at TMZ.com:


Tiger Woods: 'I Had Affairs, I Cheated'

Tiger Woods just finished giving his 13-minute, prepared statement (click here for the full transcript). Highlights are below.

Tiger Woods: Click to watchTiger Woods mom hugs tiger woods

-- Tiger described his behavior as "irresponsible and selfish."

-- "I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated."

-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."

-- "I thought I could get away with anything I wanted to ... I thought I was entitled ... I don't get to play by different rules."

-- "As Elin pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time."

-- "I ask you to find room in your heart to one day believe in me again."

-- "I do plan to return to golf one day, but I don't know when that will be."

-- "Starting tomorrow, I will leave for more treatment and more therapy."

-- "Parents used to point to me as a role model for their kids. I owe all those families a special apology."

-- Tiger Woods says he wants to get back to his Buddhist roots.

-- "I have bitterly disappointed all of you ... I am so sorry."

-- About the paparazzi: "Leave my wife and kids alone."

-- Tiger said he has never used performance enhancing drugs.

-- "Elin didn't hit me that night or any other night ... Elin deserves praise, not blame."

-- Tiger apologized to the people who work for him and his foundation.

-- Tiger Woods hugged his mom and went down the line hugging each person in attendance.

-- Among the people in attendance: Tiger Woods' mom, longtime friend Bryon Bell, and PGA Tour commish Tim Finchem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to hear your thoughts............